Happy Silent Disco Day Groovers!
We are excited to host tonight’s special Summer of Fun edition of Silent Disco Under the Stars. With more than 130 of you booked to join us for a dance beneath the stars, we think it will be amazing! Thank you all for booking to participate in the fun.
On arrival, head to our check-in point and have your ticket QR codes ready for scanning. Once your ticket has been scanned and our team has checked you in, you’ll be provided with your headphones and directed to another member of our team who will demonstrate how our headsets work with you.
Here’s a quick snapshot though – each headset has access to three music channels – Red, Green & Blue. A slider switch on one side of the headset allows you to change channels. In the same location on the other side of the headset is a mouse wheel to control the volume. They’re simple to use, the sound quality is impeccable, and the best part is you can see who is moving and grooving to the same tunes as you with the colour of their headsets.
As a special favour to us, please don’t wear face paint or glitter – it really plays havoc with the headsets and is incredibly hard to remove. Thank you in advance!
Our three playlist options for your dancing pleasure will come to you via:
- RED – Best Silent Disco’s DJ StanTaylor will be on decks spinning tunes live
- GREEN – Lights Out And Dance’s Karls will be blasting a 90-minute dance set to your ears, covering all of the favourites from their dancing in the dark sessions – 80’s, Motown, rock, dance, electronic, funk – you name it, she’s got it!
- BLUE – The blue playlist is a carefully curated playlist to keep any kids joining us dancing and entertained for the event. It’s all the hits our kids, nieces, and nephews love the most!
In addition to public transport options, there’s plenty of parking in the local area, so if you can’t find a park directly at the location, head into the surrounding streets and you’re guaranteed to park within a short distance from the event. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get a park, arrive and have your tickets scanned.
We’ll have some rad lighting set up, so don something bright to wear, but as mentioned, please, no glitter or face paint 🙏🏻
As with all outdoor events, we monitor all the weather apps minute by minute and know we are in for a treat weather-wise. However, and we daren’t say the dreaded ‘R’ word, but if happy dancing tears fall from the sky, we will assess the situation throughout the day and keep you posted. But as we said, it’s looking like a tip-top night to be out under the stars for a dance.
A couple of important points to note:
- This event is a drug, and alcohol-free family event and alcohol and/or drug use at the event is not permitted.
- All children must always be accompanied by a parent/guardian and may be unsupervised by you during the event.
We’ll have our event photographer and videographers on site, so if you see them around, give them your biggest dance grin and bust those funky dance moves for them! If you happen to get some footage and pics yourself, we’d love you to tag and share these with us.
Details for tagging and sharing are:
@lightsoutanddance, @bestsilentdisco @activehealthygoldcoast
#lightsoutanddance #silentdiscounderthestars #bestsilentdisco #activehealthygoldcoast
Lastly, if you’ve got friends who still need to book, tell them to get in quick as we will soon sell out, and as headsets are limited, we’ll soon be out.
That’s it now from us, and we look forward to sharing some dancing fun with you very soon!
Happy dancing 💃🏼✨
Lights Out And Dance